For the last month, it seems like all I have been doing is waiting. The Weatherford job is out of the question because apparently they like to ask if you're interested in a job and not give you an interview. It seems like a messed up way to do business but what do I know. There is good news, though! I have been interviewing with JLG for a position. I have interviewed twice with them so far and it looks pretty promising. My latest interview was today so I should know by next week if I got the job.
While waiting on a job I have been looking for a new vehicle. My good ole '98 Neon is just about ready to crap out. I have been looking for a good SUV. These vehicles seem to be the best for all of my needs, which would entail hauling stuff and having AWD. I have been looking at the 2009 Saturn Vues. These vehicles seem pretty nice and I actually worked on a hybrid Vue in school. I test drove it today and really enjoyed how smooth the ride was and also how quiet the cabin was. The only comparison I have is my Neon so just about anything feels better than it. Poor Neon, I make fun of it but it did get me where I wanted to go 99% of the time.
I've also been reading through the New Testament again. It never fails that every time I read it, it seems fresh and new again. I've read Philippians, and 1st + 2nd Corinthians so far and am planning to read James next just because its my favorite book. Now that I'm out of school I'm going to try to read more. I even got a book for Christmas that is supposed to teach me how to "speed" read while increasing my focus and concentration.
Along with reading I've been wondering what my role in this world is. I don't really feel like I am doing too much as of lately (mostly because of transition) but am looking forward to my next job the God gives me. I am leaving College Church which is the ministry that I was part of throughout school. Through College Church I was able to lead Bible studies and minister to the new college students that would come through the doors. This was basically what was done for me when I first started going to the Church. I would have to say I never thought I would grow so much in my Faith as I did there. My next goal is to find a Church to get plugged into and help with the different ministries they are involved in. I'm sure God will show me where he wants me at fairly shortly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
About Me
- Andy
- I'm 22 and just graduated from WVU with a bachelor's in mechanical engineering. I believe in salvation by Faith through Grace through Jesus Christ. I have a wonderful girlfriend, Katie, and try to work hard and relax often.
No comments:
Post a Comment